The Kings of the four seasons by Marcella Muhammad
The Black Man's Manifesto for the New Millennium
I often wonder why I am taking the time to explore this venue called MySpace.
Then I am blessed to find a Real Gem. The Most Beautiful and Wonderful Lady,
Black Queen, Scottie Lowe created this Pledge for Real Black Men to accept and
perform to the fullest. As I told her, I am completely and utterly
embarrassed that she and not me or another of my fellow Black Men came up with
this Pledge. That being said I adore her for what she does and I adore her for
the Pledge. I take this Pledge and I will honor her and all my Beautiful Most
Wonderful Black Lady Queens by living, breathing, repeating and teaching this
· I will speak to women as human beings, not as potential sex partners, not as
someone with less value than myself, not someone I must dominate in order to
validate my manhood.
· I will not plan out how I can get a woman into bed before I even introduce
· I will not judge a woman's beauty, worth or value by the length of her hair,
the length of her fingernails, the roundness of her behind or the size of her
feet, and most importantly, the color of her skin, just as I would not want to
be judged by the length of my penis, the size of my wallet, the car I drive, or
the amount of money I make.
· I will make every effort to make sure women know that they are safe when they
are in my presence. I will not touch, grope, or physically intimidate them and I
will not make unwanted sexual advances towards them.
· I will NOT strike, restrain, or threaten a woman.
· I will accept that if a woman says no, she means she's not interested in me
sexually and that is her right. I will never force a woman to have sex with me.
· I will ask my women friends, sisters and acquaintances what makes them feel
undervalued, unappreciated and objectified and I will listen closely and make
efforts to correct those things that I do wrong.
· When a woman tells me something is insensitive, demeaning, or offensive, I
will not dismiss it immediately as male bashing. I will take her critique just
as I would expect someone to consider mine.
· I will find something other than a woman's looks to compliment her about. I
will make note of her intellect, her personality, her ideas, her imagination,
and her accomplishments.
· I will acknowledge that my mother, sister, and daughters are black women,
deserving of respect, and I will work to treat ALL Black women as I would have
other men treat the women in my life.
· I will accept responsibility for my wrongdoings, I will not lie in an attempt
to get away with my misdeeds, I will apologize when I've done something wrong
and I will deal with the consequences of my actions by facing them head on.
· I will not partake in conversations with other men when they are ridiculing
women's looks, bodies, or opinions.
· I will remove the words bitch, ho, trick, chicken head, and all other
derogatory names for women from my vocabulary because I recognize them to be
sexist and degrading.
· I will not refer to sex with a woman as hitting it, killing it, stabbing it,
or anything that has violent connotations nor will it diminish the humanity of a
woman by referring to sex with her as getting "it" or getting "some"
· I will not define my manhood by the length of my penis, I will define my
manhood as fulfilling promises I keep, in having integrity, in choosing mature
solutions to problems and how I can be honest even when it's difficult.
· I will speak out when I see other men disrespecting women.
· I will honor my daughters as much as my sons.
· I will not refer to myself as a pimp, a dog, a thug, or a baller because I
will not let racist stereotypes define me.
· I will learn how to communicate my feelings rather than deny I have them or
trying to suppress them with sex, drugs, adrenaline, or alcohol.
Copyright 2007 Scottie Lowe
Tired of seeing black women being portrayed as ghetto bitches, freaks and
whores, and black men as barely literate thugs, bulls, and pimps, Scottie Lowe
decided it was time to show black people in a positive sexual light. Ms. Lowe is
the sole owner and founder of www.AfroerotiK.com, a company dedicated to
eradicating the negative and stereotypical depictions of Black sexuality and
providing customized, personalized erotic stories for and about people of color.
Her innovative approach to writing Black erotica is shattering misperceptions
and opening the doors to dialogue about subjects long considered taboo.